||Franklin County's only covered bridge spans North Elkhorn Creek and is 120 ft. long and 11 ft. wide. It was built by George Hockensmith circa 1855. Each entrance has a sawtooth edge; the lattice is pinned with trunnels (treenails). Restored in 1906 by Louis Bower. Closed to traffic in 1954. This bridge was listed on the National Register of Historical Places, 1974.